Thursday, September 27, 2012

"Under the Sun" (sold) to a husband for his wife celebrating their 20th anniversary...

I am very very moved by this romantic gesture. This morning I woke up to an email from Jean- Claude Canfin (the owner of the Canfin Gallery) sharing a beautiful quote from the husband who purchased this piece as a surprise for his wife for their 20th anniversary---saying this,

“I gave my wife the print out of "Under the Sun" last night. She was beyond speechless and overwhelmed with emotion. She actually was not speechless, she said it was the nicest, most thoughtful thing anyone had ever done for her in her life. Wow! Grand Slam!....."

and later in the day his wife wrote me a presonal email that had me almost fall off my chair...

"Tjasa...I wanted to contact you personally to tell you that my husband purchased one of your paintings titled "Under the Sun" for me for our 20th anniversary and it is truly the most wonderful gift I have ever received (aside from my children of course)...I have admired your work for years having seen it in a gallery in Tarrytown and Block Island ...which are two of my favorite places on earth....
I was truly taken aback when I saw your exhibit on Block Island as I grew up vacationing there and couldn't believe that you had a connection to the island as well....all of your work is truly breathtaking and being in love with Block Island I feel connected to many of your pieces....
We are going to pick the painting up on Saturday and I can not wait to find the perfect spot to display it...
I hope next time you get to the East Coast I might get a chance to meet you and thank you in person..."

This is why I paint...for these moments when I hear that my landscapes touch someone out there in the same way they do for me. It's a gift to love what you do for a living and it's a gift that keep giving back.