Saturday, July 6, 2013

On the Cape...




I am spending five weeks on the Cape this summer...heaven. 

It's all completely new to me as I have spent every summer on Block Island for the last (oh- 40 years?), but it was time to shake it up a bit and see what unfolded. Dear friends of mine introduced me to this magical area with a smattering of adorable cottages and the Bay right out our back doors.

I arrived with a few duffel bags and along with some clothes, I managed to fit in three sketchbooks, two watercolour sets, brushes, about four pounds of glass beads, (my new found love of making jewelry), a few pounds of weathered shells I have been collecting from the coasts of Long Island, Block Island and Florida, 200 yards of leather cord, hemp, and many fun craft projects for the kids surrounding me this summer.

I am hoping to get into the watercolours soon, but I have gotten a little distracted...