Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico



















I has a "sliding doors" moment a few days ago when I was having lunch with a very good girlfriend of mine...the topic of Santa Fe came up and she said, "Why don't we go for a few days...?" and before I knew it, she had her handy phone out and was checking flights. Within minutes we were booked - and off we flew a day later. Being here has cleared the mind, opened the soul and inspired me in countless ways. I lived here in 1991 and came again in 1998 for a visit, but it's been 15 years since I set foot on this rich beautiful soil and seen horizons so vast and skies so blue...there is a texture here that is so incredibly moving and I am blessed to have had the time to soak it all in again. It has been a chance to see cousins, walk along Canyon Road, visit Museum Hill which has one of the most wonderful Folk Art Museums, wander through the galleries, and take in the architecture. Every morning I have woken up early to catch the sunrise against the adobe buildings and listen to the church bells ring on the half hour. One afternoon we decided to drive just a bit out of town to feel the vast plains, enormous blue skies and 360 degree horizon lines surrounding us...