Thursday, February 13, 2014

Nantucket.







 A few weeks back I had the wonderful opportunity to do a quick turn around trip to Nantucket. I was meeting with a few potential and wonderful places in which to show my landscapes next summer and I had the luck of a little snow and lots of sunshine....I had only been once before and that was at the ripe age of forgetfulness at 17 for a high school graduation party...needless to say I didn't notice all the incredible vistas and details of this Island. I always told myself that I would visit it off season to really see it without the whale covered pants and crowds. 
The Island was beautifully serene and quiet with maybe a couple pubs and stores open. I felt as though I had it all to myself and I LOVED it. I'm not sure how I would feel about it in August though. This was just the experience I was hoping for. And the potential places to show my work were wonderful.