Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sunrise and candlelight.

I have a ritual every morning. 
It involves waking up before the sun does and lighting a few candles. 
Within a few moments, a double expresso is brewing, and I sit quietly reading (or pinning for those who know me well), or sending off some texts to my East Coast friends who have already kissed the sun good morning. Usually there will be at least a couple of our rescue cats and the pup close by keeping me warm.
My daughter has an uncanny way of sensing when I arise and comes through her bedroom barn door to join me in the candlelight. Once the sun comes through the windows, she saddles up to our kitchen counter and reads to me while I make our morning fruit smoothies.
It's such a gift to wake up this way and I am always grateful for it....to have quiet and time to reflect before the day begins.