Monday, February 23, 2015

Back on the Cape...

 I managed to dodge some East Coast blizzards and finally returned to my little cottage studio by the Bay in Barnstable for a couple days. It feels so good to be back amongst the little summer beach cottages all of which are shut down for the season except for mine.  It's a shame because I miss my fellow neighbors and the usual summer banter back and forth but now I relish the quiet and calm of the landscape around me. 

Cheers to being home back on the Atlantic.


(some of the other cottages "tucked in" by the snow...this one is called Little Red Schoolhouse)

  
(I love this whale detail on Fishermen's Cottage)

 
( This sweet building is the converted "Town Hall")

 Sandy Neck Bay a couple hundred yards from my cottage.

Arctic ice drifts...so beautiful.

Long winter shadows...

My favorite patina-ed boat left on the sand for the winter season.

  
Sunset over Sandy Neck and the lighthouse.

My sunset view from my tiny Bayberry Cottage over to the Bay and lighthouse.
I am ever so grateful.