Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A very nice interview of me by the amazing Flax store in San Francisco...


Years ago I was at a wonderful dinner party with friends in Marin. 
There were about ten or so guests and each of us were seated according to our host's wishes. Next to me sat a very nice gentleman  and we started talking about the usual things - what we do with our days, our kids,  travels...and after a few minutes I asked him about his work...he mentioned his family owned an art store. 
Oh- how fabulous...where was it? I am sure I had probably shopped there?...he asked me if I was familiar with the "FLAX" art store...? Seriously? 
Well, years later, I received a very nice email from him mentioning that they were moving their incredibly BEAUTIFUL store to Fort Mason on the waterfront close to my studio - and would I like to be interviewed by them as a local artist. YES!
Flax is one of the most beautiful art stores around and there is a reason for it. You can just walk through it and feel as though you have been through one of the most stunning museums for art supplies...I am honored to be interviewed by them and love the questions they asked...thank you Howard Flax, -I am so glad we were seated together years ago at that wonderful dinner with friends. Your families store is an inspiration to all artists and appreciators.